Joint emergency clinic of Hospital Nova
Always use primarily the emergency admission or the emergency department closest to you, regardless of your municipality of residence.
The joint emergency clinic of Hospital Nova in Jyväskylä only treats those patients who must be treated immediately on the same day due to an illness or accident, and the treatment cannot be postponed to the next day.
When you are considering going to the joint emergency clinic of Hospital Nova, and your own health centre is closed, call the Wellbeing County of Central Finland’s free-of-charge Medical Helpline 116 117. On the Medical Helpline, a health care professional will issue instructions for treatment, assess the need for treatment and, if necessary, direct you to the correct location for treatment.
The situations in which Nova’s joint emergency clinic must be contacted immediately include, for example:
- new stroke symptoms
- significant chest pain
- severe difficulty breathing
- major injuries and fractures
- sudden and severe or worsening stomach pain
- decrease in level of consciousness, sudden disorientation
- sudden severe headache
- child under 3 months of age has a temperature above +38 °C
- large wound
- medicinal or other poisoning
- sudden severe allergic reactions (other than topical rash)
- eye injuries
If you cannot hear or produce speech, you will be helped online anywhere in Finland by the free-of-charge text service of the Medical Helpline.